Saturday, February 5, 2011
Free Day to Create!
Yesterday we had a snow day--No school yay! I was in the "Valentine mood" so... I came up with this fun, easy, AND cheap idea for a painting:
So here's what I did...
1. I primed an old canvas I found in my closet with Guesso. (you can find this at Wal-Mart in the craft secition)
2. To get the raised, textured look on the heart, I applied some sheetrock mud and spread it with a painter's palette knife. (You could use your fingers, a spoon, or a rubber spatula).
3. I painted the heart...I used a lot of warm colors like reds, pinks, magentas, oranges, and yellows. Then I painted the background with dark blues, teals, and purples.
4. Holding my paint brush really loosely, I painted different color circles in the background to give it that "pop"! And wa-lah!
5. Lastly, I glazed the entire painting with an antiquing medium (Valspar Antiquing Glaze) I found at Lowe's. Just paint and wipe off with a soft rag. And here's the final product:
Please come again Ice and Snow!
Post your comments and let me know what you think! Happy early Valentine's :-)
In the Creative Mood,
Today I am joining:
Debbiedoos for her newbie party,
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphasis Monday,
The Girl Creative for Just Something I Whipped Up, and
Dittle Dattle for Amaze Me Monday