Wednesday, September 21, 2011

All about my Etsy shop...


Lately I've received several requests to buy items from my Etsy shop.  Since some people may not be familiar with how Etsy works, I've decided to give my followers a run-down--it may seem complicated, but its actually super easy!


What is Etsy?

Etsy is like an online Arts and Crafts market. Instead of booths, each artist have "shop" featuring their handmade items, as well as art and craft supplies.  People all over the world have shops and list items to sell. For instance, I just bought a handmade bag from a lady in Japan!  There are so many talented people in the world--and Etsy allows artists to showcase their work AND make profit!

Why I chose Etsy...

I would LOVE to one day own my own business and have a store-front gallery with a studio in the back...But in the mean time, while I build my business, Etsy is a great tool to get my name out there and to start saving for having my own studio one day.  I also love the Etsy community--joining teams and having a chance to encourage other budding artists all around the world.




How to purchase something from my ETSY SHOP:

1. To find my shop, go to Etsy and type in "Michelle Leach Art" in the search engine.  Items from my shop will appear--click on any item to see more details and to go to my "SHOP".
2.  Etsy makes purchasing an item really easy--everything is done through PayPal (which is nice because it saves you a check and it saves me a trip to the bank!).
3.  Shipping is included in the cost--the shipping price is located at the bottom of an item-listing.  IF you live close by and want to pick up your order, leave me a message and I will refund the shipping for you!

About Custom Orders:

I will gladly create a custom order for anyone interested!  If you see an item you like but would rather have a different color, shape, size, etc. , just message me and let me know and I will create a custom order for you.

Once the order is finished, I will list the item on my Etsy shop as "Reserved for Jane-Doe" and will contact you, giving you the link to the listing.  And then you can pay for the item online--just like that!

Here is an example:  Let's say you wanted this frame but in different colors, or a different size...Below is a screen shot of the actual listing...read the information below the frame to see different options.  When you decide on the colors, size, etc...then just shoot me a message and I will create a custom order for you---its just that simple!

I know how overwhelming online shopping can be...I hope this helps answer questions you may have about Etsy!  I would love for my followers to leave me some feedback on what you think about Etsy...and would love it even more if ya'll would help promote my Etsy shop!!  Twitter, Facebook, Blogging...Social Media makes that so easy!  I really appreciate everyone who believes in me...

Have a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment