My blog is a collection of ideas and inspirations that reveal my passion in life--to make the Name of Christ known to the world through the gifts He's given me. I love anything that has to do with art--being inspired, watching, learning, and creating. I'm excited to share my journey of experiences as a child of God, an artist, a teacher, a friend, and a wife of the most amazing man in the world--Buster.
Sunday, March 20, 2011
My First Arts & Crafts Show
Last week was Spring Break...I spent the entire break getting ready for my FIRST Arts/Crafts show in Tupelo, MS--The North Mississippi Green Festival. I am excited to show some pictures of what I've worked so hard on over the past few months! But first let me share the top 5 things I learned on my first go-round at this sort of thing:
1. You never know what people are looking for or what they will be willing to spend their money on.
2. Setting up takes so much longer than taking down.
3. Never try selling at an Arts/Crafts show by yourself. I was so thankful to have some close friends that helped me do everything. Next time my husband will be there:-)
4. Advice from other vendors is so helpful. I met a really cool artist, Billy Moore, from Memphis, who gave me some helpful words of wisdom. We actually ended up trading at the end...I gave him a piece of pottery for a painting (I love it!)
5. I will never go to an Arts/Crafts show as an observer and be the same. So much work goes into doing shows...I look up to all the vendors I talked to who do this just about every Saturday! You really never know if you will sell out or not even make enough to cover fees and gas!
Now that I've shared my experience, here are some shots of my work and my booth.
I received so many compliments and was very encouraged by how many people asked if I had a store! I would love to have my own studio/gallery one of these days...it is definitely a dream of mine:-)
Here are some close-ups of work I took to the show. I am planning on putting some of these things on Etsy very soon!
Here is some of my current pottery--I have fallen in love with turquoise and brown...
Somehow can't get away from it!
I've also been playing around with making jewelry from ceramics and am having so much fun!
These are some close-up shots of some picture frames I've been making with old tongue-and-groove boards. The glass is held on with magnets...and the pictures are actually cut out from the latest issue of Real Simple magazine.
Here are some frames I painted, antiqued, and made flowers out of synthetic fabric.
And lastly, a couple of paintings I've done recently:
Would love to hear what you think about my recent work--please leave a comment to let me know!